- Bustamante's lecturing during lab:
- --Anyone think these look like endometrial glands? They look like glands, they're closely packed, and they're purple...
- After talking us through the differential diagnosis of a slide that she thought was mislabelled and then checking the sheet to find she'd been looking at the wrong number: Gee, I got this one right on my own...
- Czaja sticks his head in. Am I interrupting here?
- They say, "The first thing we do is look at it grossly" - didn't they just cut it off something?
- Czaja: There are a couple of phsyicians out there who are just super-assholes.
- Scott: How does a pathologist's day go bad?
Czaja: You'd be surprised.
- Czaja: If someone shows you this slide and tries to tell you it's cancer, you can laugh at them. "Ha!" Like that.
- It's been declining over the last six decades for about fifteen years now...
- Just don't try to think too hard in medicine in general.
- This is a pathology course. There's nothing practical about it.
On pathology lab: