- GM: Your bow has electrical arrows.
Lily: Let's play 'shock the drow'
Me: The drow are shocked enough.
- GM: Your horses whuffle.
- Angel: I bet if you turn out the lights, there'll be a glowing cross on my forehead.
GM: Ooh, ooh! Put a pentagram on mine!
- (I got a new sword. When drawn, it acts as if 'displace self' is cast on me. Riding along, I practise swordplay) GM: And then you're not sitting on your horse, and then you are...
James (A chaotic evil cleric): What the bloody heaven are you doing?
- Me (to James): Are you talking to your waist?
Me: We need to go that way.
Angel: We're listening to his crotch?
James: Some things are more intelligent than others.
- GM: You come to a fence.
Me: Does it have a stile?
GM: Sort of nouveau-chic.
- Me: Then I draw my other sword and stab the horse's body.
Lily: Talk about beating a dead horse...
- Me (to Lily): Are you doing anything? I just slaughtered my horse and walked off.
Lily: I'm thinking I won't be following him.
- Angel: Next round. (rolls) Oh, I drool some more.
- Me: I prevent her from wandering.
GM: The spell breaks.
Angel: What the hell?
Angel: Hi. Thanks.
Me: And thus the drow exchange the first civil words of the entire campaign...
- Me: I spend the night splitting grass. Around her bed.
GM (to Angel): You wake up. You've got split ends.
Angel (to me): You missed.
- GM: There's nothing around the dome except grass.
Me: Fuzzy grass.
GM: Fuzzy grass.
- GM: It goes 'twang', 'twang', 'twonk', 'twang'...
Me: Hold up - let's go back to the 'twonk'.
Jefe: Yes, because I stop at every 'twonk' I see.
- Me: I hold my hand out in front of me, close my eyes, and walk toward the door.
GM: You run into some nice hard porcelain.
Me: With my hand.
Me: Hence the hand.
Jefe: I want to see him run his nose into the giant egg. I'd write a song about it and sing it over and over.
- Jefe (after Angel rolls a 31 for initiative): He's going first. Like, we're still thinking about moving, and she's over there doing a jig.
- GM (to James, same combat round): What's your init?
GM: Slow-ass bitch.
- Angel: Does it move threateningly?
Angel: Well, I move threateningly back at it.
- GM (to me): It bites at you, and goes 'grr, grr'. (rolls) And then it misses you with its claw and grabs itself.
Me: Great, so it bites me and goes all Michael Jackson.
GM: And then it hits you with its other claw and goes 'growl, growl'.
- GM: It's a grr-goyle.
Me: Dammit, Eric, why are all of your monsters gay?
- GM (pointing at me): Maybe the gargoyle will eat her.
Me (I'm playing a male character): Him.
Chorused: Him. Him.
GM (pointing at Angel, playing a female character): Her.
GM: You're still a drow...
- GM: It is not gay. It's French.
- Me: I have normal dreams. They're just not memorable. I spend the night bored.
- Me: I pick up a crystal shard. No, actually, I pick up several. Because they might be good to put in people's eyes later.
- GM (he claims it's from a commercial...): Do you believe in Crystal Light? Because it believes in me.
- Me: You're drooling Sweet Tarts.
- GM: Does anyone have Knock?
Me: No, but I have 'kick'.
- Me: Live-action tentacle porn. Next, on HBO.
- GM: They notice you. Well, one of the medusa's snakes does, and pokes her.
- GM: She [the Medusa] is putting on her shirt.
Me: I take the opportunity. One must appreciate all things.
- Jefe or Angel: Okay, we all have to buff her, now.
- Someone: Did you ever see a smug octopus?
- Me: Name one thing that would be worth letting you and that snake-ass bitch out of there. I've seen skin less scaly on a dragon with psoriasis.
GM: You had better hope those two never get out of that wall of force...or you are so going to be hunted down...
- James: There's three somethings in there...
Me: Define 'something'.
James: Gooey, watery, something.
- GM: ...astral constructs guarding the passage.
Me: Asshole constructs?
Angel: No, then they'd be sort of brown.
GM: And log-shaped.
Guess what we called the Astral Plane for the rest of the session...
- Me: The good thing about Bri is that she's portable.
Lily: Plus, when you step on me I make cracking noises. I'm like a cockroach.
- GM: Plus, it's salt water; it'll dry your skin out.
Lily: You're a bad, bad man.
- GM: Does anyone here have 'rope use'?
Jefe: No, but I have 30 skill points I need to get rid of...
- James: At this rate, we could've probably walked to the Celestial Plane.
- Jefe: I will not be the bard responsible for bringing Sailor Moon to Faerun.
- Angel: I look down into the goo.
GM: She's suspended above you.
Angel: I look up into the goo.
- GM: She (the dragon)'s got big green boobs.
- GM: Her big green eyes sear into your soul...but she makes a really cool sparkly effect on the walls like a giant disco ball.
- Someone: That's it, call the drow a dwarf.
- Me: Thank God for telepathy. No tongue to get in the way.
- Jefe: How did drow evolve levitation as an innate ability?
Me: Because accidentally falling down bottomless pits is bad.
Someone (a la Crocodile Hunter): Oh, crikey! We lost another one!
Someone else: Danger! Danger!
- Angel (in the Astral Plane): I'm looking for something that's not grey and swirly.
We'll be heading out on Saturday for a month-long mission trip to Papua New Guinea. Committed to trying to blog daily while there - will be sharing…
In case anyone is wondering what my daughter is up to these days, here she is! In other news, today was an ER day from hell, and I'm going to bed…
Sauntered in at 0730 with the intention of meeting fellowship director, who gives a lie to the old-dogs-new-tricks mantra, for a little chat about…